> Through the use of anonymous inner classes it is easy for objects to become
> part of session state unintentionally. Does anyone know of a tool (or io
> util package) that would help debuging these issues? Specifically it would
> be great to be able to print the heiarchy/containment structure of a
> serialized object so that at any level deep you can see the path that lead
> to that object becoming serialized.
>
> Eelco created something very similar to this to make serialization error
> messages more friendly, perhaps it can be modified to help with session
> debuging?

Funny you bring that up, as I thought about coding such a class a
couple of days ago. Unfortunately, I don't have any spare time soon,
so I can't do this. But indeed, something similar to
org.apache.wicket.util.io.SerializableChecker should do the trick.

It would be great if someone could pick this up. Something you could
do Ryan? Mind opening up a JIRA issue for it?

Cheers,