I'm not that deep into Wicket yet, but my idea was that there would be Java
classes that represent various page templates and panels. The component tree
could be dynamically built using metadata from a DB. So the URL would
basically invoke a Page class which looks up an entry in the database
corresponding to that URL. This entry will have associated CMS metadata that
instructs the page on how to build its component tree.

On 6/12/07, Francis Amanfo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Patrick,

On 6/12/07, Patrick Angeles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd also like to know if I can mount bookmarkable
> pages dynamically... say if someone were to create and publish a new CMS
> page from the admin app.

This is a very good question. With Wicket requiring a corresponding Java
class for any dynamic page, this could get tricky. I was faced with a
similar dilema 2 years ago when I was using Wicket for a medium sized
project. Fortunately for me, they decided to drop the CMS for some other
reason not relating to Wicket and could hence save my dark hair. Otherwise I
might have gotten gray hair by now :-)

Beware of bugs in the above code;
I have only proved it correct, not tried it.
                                    -Donald Knuth

Patrick Angeles | VP of Technology | Direct:707.603.2821 |
Fax:800.366.2303| Support:
800.819.0325 | Inertia - Powering the Wine REvolution | www.inertiabev.com