>From Greg Stein:

        -------- Original Message --------
        Subject: Apache Board Meeting, June 20, 2007 (new officers!)
        Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:45:06 -0700
        From: Greg Stein
        To: members@

        Hi all,

        Today, the newly-elected Board met for the first time. After we
got
        done with our regular series of project reviews and other reports,
we
        elected a new slate of executive officers. I'm happy to present
that
        list:

         Jim Jagielski, Chairman
         Justin Erenkrantz, President
         J Aaron Farr, Treasurer
         Sam Ruby, Exec VP and Secretary

        Welcome guys to your new offices!

        We also established new three projects:

        * Apache Quetzalcoatl: this springs mod_python and related bits
out of
        the HTTPD project into its own TLP. Gregory Trubetskoy is its
Chair.

        * Apache Wicket: this is a light webapp framework for Java,
graduating
        from the Incubator into its own TLP. Martijn Dashorst is the new
        Chair.

        * Apache Commons: this is the venerable Apache Jakarta Commons,
now
        spun out into its own TLP, with Torsten Curdt as its Chair.

        Finally, we swapped a couple PMC Chairs:

        * Will Glass-Hussin replaces Henning Schmiedehausen as the
Velocity Chair
        * David Sean Taylor replaces Santiago Gala as the Portals Chair

        That's it for this month. Please feel free to forward this to any
        public/private forum as you see fit. If you have any questions,
then
        please don't hesitate to ask myself or any other Director or
officer.

        Cheers,
        -g

We would like to congratulate all Wicket community members with this
remarkable feat, we couldn't have done this without you!

Furthermore, I like to thank the Board of the Apache Software
Foundation for the trust they invested in us. We will not disappoint!

We would like to thank Wicket's mentors:

* Alex Karasulu (whose birthday coincidentally is today… what a better
gift could you receive). Thanks for bringing us on board, and a Happy
Birthday!!!

* Upayavira, who made the transition even run smoother than thought
possible. Thanks for guiding us and I hope you'll stay for a long time
with our project!

* Bertrand Delacretaz, thank you for your help, votes and advise. We
will miss your involvement, but will certainly see you in the future!

* Sylvain Wallez, also big thanks for helping and guiding us. I hope
Wicket is still working within Joost

Finally, congratulations to the new officers, PMC Chairs and the other
two new projects: Apache Quetzalcoatl and Apache Commons! Welcome to
the club!

!!! Champagne !!!