Well, I wouldn't mind doing that. One problem I see though is that the
component depends on a base page to update the Session which also needs to
be adapted. This doesn't make it self contained,

if you could come up with a nice navigation component that does this
behavior
we could maybe add this into wicket extentions  if more people would like
to have such a thing

johan

On 6/21/07, Ivo van Dongen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks again for the help. As soon as I hit the reply button it dawned
> on me, guess it's to early :)
>
> Ivo
>
> On 6/21/07, Johan Compagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > If you store the id/version of a page when it is renderd in your
> > session (in a list/stack object)
> > then you are doing exactly the same as the AccessStackPageMap would
> > do.
> >
> > You should only store the id/version not the page itself, because you
> > don't have to hold on to a reference of it you can always restore any page
> > of the current session.
> >
> > So pagex.onRender -> store the id/version in your session: now has an
> > entry of 1
> > pagey.onRender -> add the id/version of this one now has an entry of 2
> > pagez.onRender ->  add the id/version of this one now has an entry of
> > 3
> >
> > then you want to go back and take the id/version of pagey and restore
> > that page for rendering.
> > if you then want to completely do the same thing remove the pagez
> > entry so that you now have 2 entries again after pagey rendered for the
> > second time
> >
> > johan
> >

> > On 6/21/07, Ivo van Dongen < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Sorry, but I don't get exactly what to do here. As I understand it
> > > you're advising me to store a separate map of Pages in the Session and
then
> > > lookup the previous Page there? Otherwise I wouldn't see how to implement
> > > the YourSession.get().getPage() method as I still can't get to the
> > > PageMap's size to use that to calculate the previous PageEntry's id. I'm
> > > probably totally missing something here :)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Ivo

> > > --
> > > Ivo van Dongen