yeah, this issue was caused by multithreaded output being intervleaved.

i'm still not happy with processing exception strings though.  i'd prefer
we did some kind of folding of exceptions using javascript on the wicket
exception page and not alter the exception at all.  but that can wait until
next wicket version if at all.