Jonathan,

I Couldn't agree more, but it is a common critic in the web about wicket.
And if you see the spreadsheet you'll know I needed to say something not so
good about it. Impartiality 0. >_>

f(t)

On 6/20/07, Jonathan Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

very interesting.  but i don't agree with the spreadsheet that wicket is
not
good
for "million clicks per minute sites".  with a good back-end architecture
and the
right tuning, wicket ought to be able to sustain that kind of load as well
as
any other web framework.  the big difference is that in wicket you aren't
stuck
with a non-existent or poor man's component model where you manage all
your
state by hand just so you can optimize a few hot pages. you can do real OO
programming with all the great productivity you get from writing real
components
with very few optimizations across probably 95% of your site and then roll
up your
sleeves /after looking at a profiler/ to tune the other 5% of your site
(probably the
home page and a handful of common destinations).