On 6/24/07, Matej Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You can create the DOM element using custom javascript (it's very
simple, basic DOM manipulation) invoked from
ajaxRequestTarget.prependJavascript(). Be sure that the id attribute
of new DOM element is same as new list item id.

Then just render the newly created item (target.addComponent) which
you create manually during the ajax request.

Actually, rather then using ListView for this, I suggest you using
RefreshingView, as it's more flexible.

-Matej

Thanks Matej, I'm trying with RefreshingView as you recommend.

I haven't used repeaters that much, but would newItem() be the right way to
create a new Item?  Anyway, I am now stuck because to ensure that the id of
the DOM element is same as the newly created item, I have to call
getMarkupId() on the item then I get the exception "This component is not
(yet) coupled to a page"  Help!

On 6/24/07, Peter Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a kind of "expression builder" UI, so I was
thinking of
> a ListView and there is this "add" button on the page that will add an
item
> to the List.  I am able to do this over Ajax, and I am aware that to
refresh
> a ListView over Ajax, you have to target a container of the ListView and
all
> this is working fine.  But this means that in the Ajax response, the
HTML
> for the entire list is retrieved from the server.
>
> Since the list may get big and the content is complex, is it possible to
> only get the last ListItem and do a DOM "append" operation over
Ajax?  Does