On 6/28/07, landtuna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It seems that there is no way to remove an IFormValidator from a Form.
Because the fields in my Form are inside Panels (only one of which is
present at any given time), the Form fields are not necessarily children
of
the Form.

When one of the Form's IFormValidators receives a
getDependentFormComponents
call, it (correctly, I believe) returns the form components that it
validates.  An exception occurs when getParent is called on these
components
(in attempt to find the Form somewhere up the hierarchy) up the call
stack.

Since the change in the Panel that's present is made via an Ajax update,
the
same update would be able to remove the offending IFormValidator when its
Panel is removed.  (That is, if there was a method in Form to remove an
IFormValidator.)

For now, I've hacked it so that my IFormValidator checks whether all its
Form Components all have parents before any of its methods return non-null
values.

(I'm not just changing the Panel visibility because then the hidden Panels
would still get validated, and I don't want that to happen.)

seems like we can do a few things. one, we can build that component-parent
check into wicket core. two, we need to add ability to remove a validator.
please add an rfe.

-igor