> Therefore if wicket itself can simply allow me to configure to ignore
> anthing inside wicket:remove, it would be a great convenience. Otherwise, I
> also want to know the reason behind why wicket prohibit wicket:id insder
> wicket:remove and try to make my designers follow the necessary practice.

The thought we had about that if I remember correctly is that
embedding wicket tags and tags with wicket:id would typically be an
mistake from the developer, and if we would just ignore it, it might
lead to bugs that are hard to track down. I understand your use case
too though. Not sure how difficult this would be to implement (to just
ignore the wicket tags and attributes) and to make it a setting -
personally, I would be against ignoring these tags by default. You
could open up a feature request for it, but it wouldn't be on the top
of our list to fix tbh. Though if you would deliver a patch that would
increase your chances quite a bit :)