> Doing conversations spanning requests is somewhat straightforward in a
> Spring MVC setting as the request lifecycle is easy to understand, but I'm
> quite at a loss as to how I'm going to go about this with Wicket.
> Essentially we need to go into some Spring transaction method at some point
> in some part of a component's lifecycle, detect the transaction failure,
> notify the user and then try again. I don't think I've really seen this
> discussed anywhere up to a length that would have given me an idea how I am
> to get started...
>
> Ideas appreciated :-)
>
> Eero

Hello Eero,
If i understand correctly, you want to avoid displaying or performing
ops on stale data. Wicket handles this brilliantly through its IModel
construct. You need to mediate all your dynamic data access in wicket
through models like LoadableDetachableModel. You can read more about
them here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/detachable-models.html

This will assure that you always have the freshest data in your
request. To defend against operations on data that have been altered
between requests, you need to employ a strategy like Martijn outlined
in his blog here:

http://www.jroller.com/page/dashorst?entry=wicket_goodie_hibernate_versioned_form

best,
jim