I've had a pretty good look at wicket security but the conclusion that I've
come to with that is it only supports the fact that you have pre defined
roles within your application.

I'm currently working on a multi tenant web application where the
application provided a set of permission, such and read / write access to an
object and each tenant in the application defines their own role heirachy
based on those permissions.

We are currently using acegi and I'm trying to figure out the best way to
bake acl into wicket's components.  Example, a link is set to invisible if
the authenticated use doesn't contain a role with the given permission of
that link.  So lets say the link is to delete an object, the user must have
a role with the permission to delete that object or the link will not show
on the page.

By the way, I'm not saying wicket security is bad, other than my example I
think it is a well put together framework that beats the hell out of using
JAAS.

-Craig