I don't think that is possible but why can't you do the following:
user enters username and password on sign in page.
form successfully authenticates user.
try to continueToOriginalDestination or if there is none, set the
responsepage to a homepage or something
do the password change check
if required throw restart......exception

then on the password change page use continueTo.... again.

Theoretical this should send your user after the password change to
the page he wanted to go to before he was forced to login, or at the
very least to the homepage and not back to the login page.

Maurice