This anonys me too.
IMHO I think by default, it should log error in development mode,
and keep silent in deployment mode.

> In my web app, when someone visits a page that doesn't exist (eg. by
> manually mucking with the url), they might end up at an error page
> with a stack trace, and also when that happens, wicket logs an ERROR
> like: "ERROR [RequestCycle] - Unable to load class with name:
> com.foo.bar". I don't like that this is an ERROR, since our monitoring
> picks it up and will send spurious warning emails to our team. Is
> there a better way I can be dealing with this?

In Wicket 1.3 you can provide a custom request cycle and override
RequestCycle#logRuntimeException

Ingram Chen
online share order: http://dinbendon.net
blog: http://www.javaworld.com.tw/roller/page/ingramchen