On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 13:50 +0200, Johan Compagner wrote:

> On 7/10/07, Chris Colman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         > Not with Wicket directly. You could take a look at the
>         WIcket Velocity
>         > sub project (also found at Apache Wicket) where you have
>         more
>         > flexibility regarding markup scripting.
>         >
>         > Martijn
>
>         Would it be an easy enhancement to implement? - just an option
>         to not
>         raise an error if the Java component 'declares' a component
>         that the
>         markup doesn't use. I don't see how that would have any
>         negative side
>         effects - only a more flexible web framework, passing more
>         responsibility to the markup side.
>

> getDebugSettings().setComponentUseCheck(false);
>
> this is enabled by default in development mode

Beware that you may open yourself up to some hard to find bugs in your
app by disabling the component check.  Though, you may sometimes want
wicket to ignore a class that has no binding, you may well have other
classes where the omission was not intentional.  Unless you test very
thoroughly, you may not even notice until it bites you.

--
Philip A. Chapman

Desktop and Web Application Development:
Java, .NET, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 2000, Windows XP