On 7/12/07, mraible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is it possible to use Tapestry's parser in tests to verify that template
syntax is correct?

probably yes, wicket also has a pullparser implementation you can use, or
any other html parser. our tests compare string buffer of httpservletrequest
to a prerendered string which isnt ideal, but works for us.

I'd like to run tests (like you do when doing a JSP pre-compile) to verify
syntax w/o having to start the app and find out at runtime.

yeah, see how our tests work.

Also, is it possible to adjust Wicket's template caching strategy? In other
words, is it possible to make it like JSP where there's a timestamp check
see if a page has been updated?

I realize I can turn off page caching, but does that make Wicket slower than
a JSP-based solution? Can I provide my own implementation (or configure
the
existing one) to check every 2 minutes?

like eelco said, in devel mode this is the default for markup only. if you
want class reloading there is a reloadingwicketfilter, or whatever its
called. in production reloading templates is rarely necessary. for cases
that require them there are a few solutions: you can do what eelco said and
implement your own markup cache which will change globally how all template
caching works, if you have a requierment where only certain pages/components
need to be reloaded while the app is  deployed you can let them implement
imarkupcachekeyprovider and override the cache key.

-igor