Okay, I missed this conversation a bit so let me explain current state
of wicket and clustering:

With SecondLevelCacheSessionStore only last accessed page per pagemap
is stored in http session (not directly as attribute, but as a
property of pagemap object, which is a session attribute).

With the standard (File/DiskPageStore) the older accessed pages
(history) are stored only on local computer and are not clustered.
Thus in the event of failover, you will lose the history, as on the
node where session was transfered only the last accessed page is
available (which got there through session replication).

However, you can implement a ClusteredPageStore, which distributes the
last accessed pages on the cluster, and in this case, the lastPage in
secondlevelsessionstore pagemap will not be serialized with the
session (as the pagestore will be responsible for making serialized
pages accessible to other nodes in case of failover).

I'm working on a simple jetty clustering solution that will include an
implementation of ClusteredPageStore.

-Matej

-Matej