> Thanks.  Is that common practice?  It seems like it tightly
> couples the java code with the design of the web page.
> I thought the Image class was for creating dynamic images -
> as that's all I've needed to use it for.

To be honest, I don't know.  If you don't want to put wicket:id attributes
in your images, maybe you could instead put some Javascript in a
HeaderContributor that rewrites the src attributes of all your images (or
all the ones of a particular css class) when the page loads.  This could fix
their paths while still letting their paths remain original in the raw HTML.
(They wouldn't get changed because the script wouldn't get loaded.)