Okay, well. It works, but not if you try and instigate the rendering from a
Wicket page. Because the RequestCycle is all kinds of threadlocal, and it's
used by WicketTester, the rendering of page from which you make the
rendering call blows up with a null error because RequestCycle.current.get()
returns null after WicketTester does its muckering:

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: No RequestCycle is currently set!
at org.apache.wicket.Component.getRequest(Component.java:1417)

I've been trying to find a way to save the old cycle and swap it into the
current request cycle to no avail...Everything is fine until the calling
Wicket page needs to render itself (presumably with a page that says "Email
sent").