> About this topic, I am the founder of a project called Jasypt (Java
> Simplified Encryption) [http://www.jasypt.org], which is aimed at easily
> adding robust encryption capabilities to java applications, be it password
> digesting or two-way text, binary, or number encryption (based on any JCE
> provider).
>
> I am still relatively new to wicket (although I really, really like what I
> am learning :-)), and I am interested in developing some kind of wicket -
> jasypt integration so that wicket applications can easily benefit from
> jasypt-based password encryption with little effort.
>
> This could be easily done by creating a wrapper for jasypt's
> PasswordEncryptor or StringDigester implementations, and make the wrapper
> itself implement wicket's ICrypt interface. Jasypt already performs Base64
> encoding "out of the box" as required by Wicket 1.2.
>
> I would be happy to develop this integration for the next version of jasypt,
> unless you prefer to integrate jasypt directly into the ICrypt
> infrastructure of wicket (by providing something like a "StrongCrypt"
> implementation based on a digest algorithm stronger than PBEWithMD5AndDES),
> which would also be alright for me. What do you think?

Either way could work. It's good we have compatible licenses to start
with. For the rest... having it as an add-on for jasypt is cool, but
you can also start a wicket-stuff project for this. Whatever works
best for you. And don't forget to advertise on the WIKI :)

> Did you already have
> any plans for improving this encryption infrastructure for Wicket 2.0?

Not really atm, but suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers,