> []
> [/home/bratzbert/sources/widelands/opengl_debug/src/profile/profile.cc:167]
> debug_gl_trace: '' is not a boolean value

Seems like you have it already set in your ~/.widelands/config? strange.

> is the switch in CMake set?

No, we default to using GLEW for compilation since it is mature and packaged
and available. You need to set the flag yourself and install glbinding[1] to
test this.

cmake -G Ninja -DOPTION_USE_GLBINDING:BOOL=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING="Debug"
..

should do the trick.

[1] https://github.com/cginternals/glbinding
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/opengl_debug/+merge/283738
Your team Widelands Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of