I found it in MapObjectPacket - case MapObject::HeaderWorker.

We didn't have any compatibility code for soldiers in Build18, so this is new.
We obviously don't want compatibility code where we don't need it, but we also
want to be able to load old maps, which I now fear might have soldiers in their
MapObjectPackets, or at least a header for the loader.

So, we should test a few old maps to check if they throw the same error. If
they do, we should add compatibility code.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1554552/+merge/289830
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch