Dear Dr. Blaha, thank you for the reply.

> No, the Berry phase approach is not implemented.

Would that be a useful extension? Is it possible to expect developers' support
while working on implementation of this functionality? In would be nice to have
that option in Wien2k since major PW packages offer that Berry phase
polarization, but I am somewhat skeptical about the performance of
pseudopotentials with semicore electrons as valence electrons.

> However, you may create a supercell (or better a slab) and apply an
> external electric filed (zig-zag).

Do I correctly understand your suggestion: Apply an external electric filed and
find the strain it induces by optimizing lattice parameters and atomic
coordinates simultaneously. With this I can access strain coefficients (strain
developed per electric field applied). There is no way I can extract the
polarization induced by this field. Correct?

Thank you once again
Oleg