Dear Professor Marks,
The file W2kutils.h you sent is identical to the ones in these three
directories - they are with the exact same size and I have also checked line by
line - no difference found. Both of these original files in my installed WIEN
are the same as the corresponding ones at the Wien2k site - I have also checked
that.

The file W2kutils.c you sent is newer (last changed date Aug 2010) compared to
the ones I have in the three directories (time-stamp: Jan 2010). So I replaced
this file in the SRC_lapw0 directory and recompiled the WIEN2k, and run "x
lapw0 -p" successfully - see below:
================
a010220 at asahi01:/data1/a010220/wiendata/SrNdCoO4> x lapw0 -p
starting parallel lapw0 at Sat Jul 30 02:29:08 JST 2011
-------- .machine0 : processors
running lapw0 in single mode
 LAPW0 END
293.950u 11.848s 5:07.46 99.4% 0+0k 0+0io 252pf+0w

So it seems that you've solve the problem!

Should i also do the same to the file W2kutils.c for the other two (SRC_lap1,2)
directories and recompile the WIEN and then run the parallel job ?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Kind regards,
Qiwen