Let me expand slightly. A SIGSEV is an error where the code has got
corrupted and has tried to do something like write in protected
memory. This is most often because an array is out of bounds.
Unfortunately just saying that you got a SIGSEV does not help anyone
-- we cannot diagnose from this. Things to do (stated before):
a) Check all the input arguments.
b) Turn on debug options for the code, particularly traceback.
c) Try and find the line where the code is crashing.
d) Put a print statement in before where it crashes.

Most often it is a). Sometimes it is something else, but we cannot
help without you doing some work to narrow it down first. (And I can't
help since I've never used this particular code.)

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Gerhard Fecher <fecher at uni-mainz.de> wrote:
> wrong k-points (not on YxYxY mesh)
> or too many k-points
> or too large lpfac
> or wrong version of the Intel compiler
> or wrong compiler options
> or any other wrong input at some stage
>
> Ciao
> Gerhard
>
> ====================================
> Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
> Institut of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
> Johannes Gutenberg - University
> 55099 Mainz

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
nobody else has thought
Albert Szent-Gyorgi