Hello,

When I execute lapw1_mpi, it dies on me immediately:

        $ ./lapw1_mpi
        w2k_dispatch_signal(): received: Segmentation fault
         Child id           0 SIGSEGV, contact developers

        MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
        with errorcode 6.

        NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
        You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
        exactly when Open MPI kills them.

It turns out that the offending line is the first call to SL_INIT in
INIT_PARALLEL (SRC_lapw1/modules.F),

                SUBROUTINE INIT_PARALLEL
                  IMPLICIT NONE
        #ifdef Parallel
                  include 'mpif.h'
                  INTEGER :: IERR,i,j
                  call MPI_INIT(IERR)
                  call MPI_COMM_SIZE( MPI_COMM_WORLD, NPE, IERR)
                  call MPI_COMM_RANK( MPI_COMM_WORLD, MYID, IERR)
                  CALL BARRIER
->                CALL SL_INIT(ICTXTALL, 1, NPE)

which is called eventually via GTFNAM at the top of the main program
LAPW1.

I used ifort version 11.1 (specifically, I tried two revisions: 046
and 072) and the corresponding MKL libraries (including ScaLAPACK).
The MPI version is openmpi-1.3.2-icc, in case that matters.  Neither
lapw0_mpi nor lapw2_mpi have this problem (then again, they do not
seem to use SL_INIT).

Any pointers how I should proceed?

Thanks,

        Elias