Hi,

When comparing two total energies obtained from different unit cells, one
has to be always very careful.

First, if you did the calculation on the
small unit cell with a k-mesh (n1,n2,n3), then the calculation on the
large unit cell should be done with the corresponding k-mesh
(n1/m1,n2/m2,n3/m3), where m1, m2, and m3 indicate by how many times
(along the lattice vectors a, b and c) is the large unit cell larger than
the small one. You can have problems if If n1/m1, n2/m2 or n3/m3 is not
an integer. But this not a problem if you
are using very good k-meshes such that the energies are well converged.

It can also happen that the orientation of the lattice vectors are
completely different in the small and large unit cells. In this case
some numerical noise (e.g., from the FFTs) can introduce some errors.

But actually, what do you mean by "I can't compare"?

My recommendation: use the same unit cell.

F. Tran