It is up to you, how "thick" (how many layers) you want to make your slab. The thicker the better, but soon you will run out of computer power.

PS: For a (001) surface the program x supercell is probably easier to use. There you would be asked for the number of cells along x,y,z
and with 1x1x2 (3,4,5..) you can create slabs with different thickness.

PS: