You have a misunderstanding.

The bands are NOT degenerate (except at Gamma), but of course the orbital OCCUPANCY (xy,yz,xz) is degenerate.

The occupation of the bands is a function of the energy of these 3 bands and lower bands have a larger occupation than higher lying ones.

If your system has still cubic symmetry, each of those 3 bands is a linear combination of the 3 t2g orbitals with equal character, but Band 1 is NOT the xy, band 2 the xz and band 3 the yz band....