It means that the calculated value for the lattice parameters is (more or less) wrong.

As you have told sometimes "the error could be very large (giving you
meaningless results)"

Does it mean that we may run into a local minima instead of global
minima...if the "error" is large?

looking forward to your response.

with regards,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Peter Blaha