Hi List,

The ‘save_lapw’ script saves the spherical part of the potential (‘case.vsp’), but not the aspherical part (‘case.vns’). The user guide mentions [‘restore_lapw’, 5.2.2] that after restoring, you should run a ‘x lapw0’ to recreate the potential before running ‘x lapw1’.

I wonder, what is the reasoning behind this choice? Why not save ‘vns’? Given that ‘x lapw0’ will recreate it anyway, why save ‘vsp’ at all?

I could not find any discussions about this in the archive, but I thought an explanation might be interesting to more people than just me.

        Elias