Hi,

  I have a further question on the metal option and temperature
broadening in case.in2. As I follow from the discussion, we have to
specify TEMP in case.in2 and kbT option for metallic system. I think I
have a little confusion about this two settings. Is the physical
meaning and unit (in Ry) of kbT option the same as TEMP in case.in2?
Why can I not specify only one of this if so?

> Hi,
>
> No it does not include Knight shift. Those you can calculate via SCF with
> external magnetic field.
>
> regards
>
> Robert
>

> On 19 March 2014 PM 12:01:00 Joseph H. Ross Jr. wrote:
>> I have a followup question on the -metal option in the NMR calculation. My
>> guess is that this option brings up some code to find the fermi surface and
>> better identify which states are filled or empty, prior to the chemical
>> shift calculation. Is that right, or does this option also add in a
>> contribution of the paramagnetic (Knight shift) contribution?
>> Thanks for the help.   -Joe Ross
>>

>> On Mar 10, 2014, at 9:07 AM, Robert Laskowski wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > if you have metalic case use x_nmr -metal, and TEMP fermi method in in2
>> > (for
>> > TETRA Fermi level is incorrect in weight files), You may play with -kbT
>> > obtion
>> > for x_nmr (temperature smearing). This may help, however, metals are
>> > difficult
>> > to converge.
>> >
>> > regards
>> >
>> > Robert

>> -------------------------
>> Joseph H. Ross Jr.
>> Professor
>> Department of Physics and Astronomy
>> Texas A&M University
>> 4242 TAMU
>> College Station TX  77843-4242
>> 979 845 3842 / 448 MPHY
>> jhr...@tamu.edu / http://faculty.physics.tamu.edu/ross
> --
> Dr. Robert Laskowski
>
> Senior Scientist, Materials Science & Engineering Department
> Institute of High Performance Computing, A*STAR
> 1 Fusionopolis Way, #16-16, Connexis, Singapore 138632
> Tel(Off): +65. 64191493     Fax: +65. 64632536

Jing-Han Chen
Graduate Student
Department of Physics
jhc...@tamu.edu <jhc...@tamu.edu> / http://people.physics.tamu.edu/jhchen/