Hi,

I am working on a structure containing Osmium. In init, I got a warning that Os 5s core charge (about 1%) leaked out of the sphere (RMT=2.08 set by setrmt).

I increased the Os RMT to 2.5 manually, decreasing the RMT of its O neighbor to 1.3. Then there were no warnings in lstart, but the calculation crashed after a couple of iterations with QTL-B / “semicore band-ranges too large” errors. (The errors were about Os.)

So I tried instead to run the calculation with the original RMTs and the ‘.lcore’ file created by init. This way, the SCF converged without any errors or warnings; ‘lcore’ and ‘dstart -lcore’ were executed at every step. The band structure looks reasonable as well.

What does this lcore stuff imply for my calculation? Should I consider the results suspect?

Thanks,

        Elias

--
Elias Assmann