The most basic thing you want to do is read the User Guide.

Especially sections on SO and orbital potentials (in my Wien2k 12.1 version sec. 4.5.5, 5.2.17 on initso_lapw, sec. 7.2 on orb, sec. 7.4 on lapxwo, sec. 7.7 on lapwdm, the example fcc-Ni, sections 8.1, 8.2 on tetra and qtl to plot the DOS).

The steps you should take are explained in quite some detail there: converge your case spin-polarized; save; initialize SO; converge with SO; save; switch on U; converge and save; do what you have to do generate the DOS.

Personally I am a fan of w2web - it helps to avoid mistakes with the numerous program options.

Good luck, Martin