Dear WIEN2k user:

I am interested in the formation energy. I've searched the mailing address, but
I still can't get it. I found the definition of formation energy is like this
(Ga15MnN16 for example)  :

formation energy = total ENE of Ga15MnN16 -15*total ENE for Ga metal in
standard state structure - 1* total ENE for Mn metal in standard state
structure - 16* total ENE for N in standard structure

In our system, it's TbOCl, does that mean:

formation energy = = total ENE of TbOCl - tot ENE for Tb metal in standard
state structure - tot ENE for O in standard state - Cl in standard state. ?

If that is correct, what is the standard state structure for O and Cl? Do we
need to do several other calculations for Tb metal or O standard state to get
the formation energy?

Thanks very much.

Sincerely

Wangwei Lan