Hello,

I'd suggest trying three things.

First of all - does your cluster allow running interactive jobs? If yes, than you should create an interactive job to run /bin/bash. I'm not familiar with PBS, but in SGE/OGE if you print cluster queues with "qstat -f" you'll see "I" in column qtype which means that given queue allows running interactive jobs. Using bash you should be able to run top on given node without SSH access.

Regardless of success or failure you should be able to look at nodes statistics using "qhost" command. You should see at lease what is the current load, memory usage and swap usage. In SGE/OGE there's a switch "-j" to qhost which will also show you what jobs are currently running on each node. It's necessary to be able to see load of machine interactively instead of view at some point of time.

The last concept is to prepare a job to run at the same time on the same node as Wien2K, consisting of several
"ps auxww | grep ogando >> ${HOME}/ps.output; sleep 2"
commands. It will give you some information on what's going on. Think of it as non-interactive top stored in text file.

Best regards,

Pawel Lesniak