Short answer: WIEN2k cannot do calculations on structures containing atoms in the same position (i.e., having partial occupancy). This has been mentioned before in the mailing list [1-3].

[1] http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2004-May/002538.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg05007.html [3] http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg00226.html

Long answer: Usually, the workaround is to use supercells and average the different configurations [2]. For your NiCo2O4 structure, I believe you need to create and use supercells (F lattice) similar to Co2MnO4 (refer to [4]). Of note, the normal spinel structure is specified using positions in the origin 2 setting [5]. So you likely have to specify the atomic positions that you use based on that setting for the spinel configurations that you use for your supercells.

[4] http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2009-April/012454.html
[5] http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08164.html