At risk of stating the obvious: the fact that the folder is called win2k and not wien2k also seems mildly suspicious.

On 2/16/2016 2:28 PM, Gavin Abo wrote:
If you do "ls ~/home/IITJHOME/ambeshst/win2k13mpi/phonopy-1.10.0/lib64/python", does it show files like api_gruneisen.py?

If the files like that are in the python folder in the lib64 directory, then your .bashrc looks fine. On my system, they are under lib instead of lib64:

username@computername:~$ ls ~/phonopy-1.10.0/lib/python/phonopy
api_gruneisen.py   api_qha.pyc  harmonic      _phonopy.so units.pyc
api_gruneisen.pyc  cui          __init__.py   qha version.py
api_phonopy.py     file_IO.py   __init__.pyc  _spglib.so version.pyc
api_phonopy.pyc    file_IO.pyc  interface     structure
api_qha.py         gruneisen    phonon        units.py

In the error message, it looks like it is pointing to the wrong location (/home/IITJHOME/ambeshst/win2k13mpi/phonopy), when it should be pointing to "/home/IITJHOME/ambeshst/win2k13mpi/phonopy-1.10.0/lib64/python".

Do "echo $PYTHONPATH", is it pointing to the right location?

On my system, it is pointing to "/home/username/phonopy-1.10.0/lib/python":

username@computername:~$ echo $PYTHONPATH
:/home/username/phonopy-1.10.0/lib/python

After adding export lines to .bashrc and saving the changes, did you reload the .bashrc (using "source ~/.bashrc" or open and use a new terminal)?