Dear Wien2k users,

I am running Wien2k version 17.1 on a Dual Core Workstation machine with
operating system Linux Mint v 18.1, latest Intel fortran compiler and MKL
libraries. The following error seems to be new in version 17 of the Wien2k code.

After compiling the source code (no error), I started a first test k-parallel
calculation (GaAs.struct from the examples). The SCF cycle was finished
yielding no problem. However, when trying to calculate the bandstructure via
w2web the following problem occurred:

After having created the k-list I pressed the button "x lapw1 -band -p" and got
and "end-of-file error". The lapw1 Fortran code and the respective *.def files
were ok in my point-of-view. Therefore, I decided to run the command "x lapw1
-band -p" via console manually and I got no error. Thus, I believe that there
is a bug somewhere in the perl code of Wien v 17 (file:
SRC_w2web/htdocs/exec/band.pl). If you replace "band.pl" in version 17 by that
from version 16 everything in the bandstructure calculation via w2web runs
again fine. If you need further information to reproduce the error please let
me know.

Best regards,

Dr. Michael Duerrschnabel