After you have done a scf calculation (or use restore_lapw XXX) you should in general NEVER again run

x lapw0   (why would you create a new potential ???
x orb -up/dn   (why would you create new vorbup/dn files ??

For a band structure just do:

x lapw1 -p -band -up (dn) -orb
x lapw2 -p -band -up (dn) -qtl   # but NOT -orb !!!
x spaghetti -p -up (dn)

for lapw1 the -orb switch adds the LDA+U potential to the hamiltonian. So you clearly need it. for lapw2 -orb directs lapw2 to calculate a new dmatup (dn) file. But since you have -qtl, this is done for all states, not just the occupied ones and for a k-mesh along the symmetry lines and not a uniform mesh in the BZ. Thus you "destroy" your density matrices.

And if you rerun x orb afterwards, a new orbital potential (vorb) is calculated from the wrong density matrix (dmat); clearly the results must be wrong.

It has NOTHING to do with   clean_lapw

Hopefully, you have issued a save_lapw xxx before that, than you can recover using restore xxx; otherwise you have destroyed your scf solution (there might be a case.vorbup_old and case.dmatup_old (dn), which you probably could also copy back.