A band gap of 0.3 eV is very small and a change of lattice constant may
be enough to close the band gap.

On Thursday 2018-02-08 10:30, Dr. K. C. Bhamu wrote:

Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 10:30:29
From: Dr. K. C. Bhamu <kcbham...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Wien] a note on lattice parameter optimization

Yes, I used PBESol followed by mBJ.

On Feb 8, 2018 2:28 PM, <t...@theochem.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
     Hi,

     Did you use mBJ to calculate the band gap in both procedures?

     FT

           Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 09:35:08
           From: Dr. K. C. Bhamu <kcbham...@gmail.com>
           Subject: [Wien] a note on lattice parameter optimization

           Hello,

           Using experimental lattice parameters(a Ang), I optimized the
structure with two options.

           1. Directly optimized the structure without min_lapw ... and the
optimized lattice parameters are in the vicinity of Exp a (~0.01 Ang accuracy)
and the calculated band gap (from mBJ2) is in agreement with reported value
~0.3 eV less.

           2. First relaxed the structure and then optimized this relaxed
structure (without min_lapw ....). In this case the optimized lattice
parameters are reduced by ~0.05 Ang and the band gap vanished or largely
reduced.

           Why is the second way of doing band structure not working?

           I tested it on many systems. In some case system became metal and in
some cases band gap largely reduced when  I used the fully relaxed structure
for optimization.

           Thanks,

           Bhamu