As stated in the manual, you need a "common" filesystem on all nodes which you want to use in k-parallel mode.

Typically, this involves NFS (or some other "cluster-filesystem", ...).

The key is, that the mount-point must be the same on all nodes, i.e. the full path to your directory/files must be the same.

Typically one should reconfigure his Linux boxes, because by default all user-data are in /home and of course all nodes have then their own /home directory and one cannot use: mount node1:/home /home, because this would overwrite the /home on the second node.

You could create a directory "/node1" on node1 (and /node2 on the next node, ...) and mount /node1 on all other machines under the name /node1.

The directory /node1/name should then be also your home-directory on all these nodes.

Every computer-center / cluster is setup in this way. If you are your own system manager, you have to do it yourself.