This last input file leads to a correct structure.

Best regards

Xavier

Le 04/06/2020 à 11:11, shamik chakrabarti a écrit :
Dear Xavier Sir,

                  With the modified cif file & origin choice one, I get the structure as attached herewith this mail. Kindly let me know if it is the structure you are asking for. I am using wien2k 19.1.

with regards

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 at 13:30, Tran, Fabien <fabien.t...@tuwien.ac.at <mailto:fabien.t...@tuwien.ac.at>> wrote:

    With your modified cif file, I obtain at the end of init_lapw a
    struct file which has two atoms per cell. Since there is no atoms
    at the corners, it is visually not 100% clear that it is the
    correct beta-Sn, but I guess it is (?).

    I am wondering where the problem with original cif file comes
    from. From cif2struct or a non-conventional format of the cif
    file? Maybe Peter knows.

    From: Wien <wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
    <mailto:wien-boun...@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at>> on behalf of
    Xavier Rocquefelte <xavier.rocquefe...@univ-rennes1.fr
    <mailto:xavier.rocquefe...@univ-rennes1.fr>>
    Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2020 9:28 AM
    To: wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
    <mailto:wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at>
    Subject: Re: [Wien] Structure optimization of Beta -Sn

    Indeed, I used the one from VESTA! Yesteray night I was working in
    parallel ;)

    Here is the file I previously sent with modification by hand ...
    the cif
    format was not totally supported by cif2struct.

    Regards

    Xavier

Dr. Shamik Chakrabarti
Research Fellow
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology Patna
Bihta-801103
Patna
Bihar, India

Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes (ISCR)
Univ Rennes - CNRS - UMR6226, France
https://iscr.univ-rennes1.fr/cti/people/permanent-staff/rocquefelte-xavier