An eigenstate in the relativistic |j, l, s, m_j> basis can be
expanded in terms of the nonrelativistic |l, s, m_l, m_s> using
Clebsh-Gordan coefficients.

For more information see the following notes:
https://sciold.ui.ac.ir/~sjalali/BSc.Students/QM/Chapter_15.pdf
https://sciold.ui.ac.ir/~sjalali/BSc.Students/QM/Chapter_17.pdf

The "qtl" program with qsplit = -1 uses the relativistic |j, l, s,
m_j> basis, while x lapw2 -qtl uses  the nonrelativistic |l, s, m_l,
m_s>. Thus, it is natural that the qtl program with qsplit = -1
couples the spins up and down, as correctly indicated by Peter.

PS: Your post was large and exceeded the limit of the mailing list due
to the size of your attachment.

 Quoting Peter Blaha <pbl...@theochem.tuwien.ac.at>:

Your posting was too big ! Limit the size in future.

Please calculate and plot also the dn spin with lapw2.

The qtl progrem couples the spins according to f5/2 f7/2,
but lapw2 projects out only one spin.