One thing is clear:

lapw1_mpi cannot work.

You are linking with    -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64

but you are using openmpi.

You need to link with the blacs library for openmpi.

It is mentioned in the usersguide.

Am 06.05.2021 um 15:09 schrieb leila mollabashi:
Dear all wien2k users,
 >I suggest that you focus on the PATH first, using
I followed your suggestion. The script and results are in the https://files.fm/u/m2qak574g <https://files.fm/u/m2qak574g>. The compile.msg_lapw0 and compile.msg_lapw0 are in the https://files.fm/u/pvdn52zpw <https://files.fm/u/pvdn52zpw> .

Sincerely yours,

Leila

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 5:14 PM Laurence Marks <laurence.ma...@gmail.com <mailto:laurence.ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I think we (collectively) may be confusing things by offering too
    much advice!

    Let's keep it simple, and focus on one thing at a time. The "mpirun
    not found" has nothing to do with compilers. It is 100% due to your
    not having the PATH variable set right. This is not fftw, but
    probably in the general options and mpi module. (It is not in the
    compiler.)

    The library not being found is similarly due to LD_LIBRARY_PATH not
    being right, or perhaps nfs mounting issues. This may be from the
    compiler variables (mpiifort for Intel), which may not be correctly
    set by the module.

    I suggest that you focus on the PATH first, using
    which mpirun
    which lapw1
    echo $PATH
    echo $WIENROOT

    When this is correct in the script that runs your job we can move
    forward and solve the library issue using
    echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    ldd $WIENROOT/lapw1_mpi
    ldd $WIENROOT/lapw0_mpi

    Please focus just of the PATH first. If you have problems, find a
    way (DropBox/Drive etc) to post the script and result.

    _____
    Professor Laurence Marks
    "Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what
    nobody else has thought", Albert Szent-Györgyi
    www.numis.northwestern.edu <http://www.numis.northwestern.edu>

    On Tue, May 4, 2021, 22:24 Gavin Abo <gs...@crimson.ua.edu
    <mailto:gs...@crimson.ua.edu>> wrote:

        Three additional comments:

        1)  If you are running the slurm.job script as Non-Interactive
        [1,2], you might need a "source /etc/profile.d/ummodules.csh"
        line like that at [3].

        [1] https://slurm.schedmd.com/faq.html#sbatch_srun

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://slurm.schedmd.com/faq.html*sbatch_srun__;Iw!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdoCMq2-Yw$>
        [2]
        https://wiki.umiacs.umd.edu/umiacs/index.php/SLURM/JobSubmission

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wiki.umiacs.umd.edu/umiacs/index.php/SLURM/JobSubmission__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdqwsBiRag$>
        [3] https://wiki.umiacs.umd.edu/umiacs/index.php/Modules

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wiki.umiacs.umd.edu/umiacs/index.php/Modules__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdrUX-bsYA$>

        2) To eliminate any possible conflicts between Intel compilers
        (ifort, icc) and GNU compilers (gfortran, gcc) such as those
        mentioned in posts [4,5].  I suggest compiling of WIEN2k using
        the same C compiler and Fortran compiler that Open MPI was
        compiled with.

        The commands [6] below might help you check that the Linux
        environment is using the intended Open MPI and mpi parallel
        compilers [7]:

        username@computername:~/Desktop$ mpirun -V
        mpirun (Open MPI) 4.1.1

        Report bugs to http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdpyptJ4aw$>
        username@computername:~/Desktop$ mpicc --showme:version
        mpicc: Open MPI 4.1.1 (Language: C)
        username@computername:~/Desktop$ mpifort --showme:version
        mpifort: Open MPI 4.1.1 (Language: Fortran)
        username@computername:~/Desktop$ mpicc --version
        gcc (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04) 9.3.0
        There is NO
        warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
        PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

        username@computername:~/Desktop$ mpifort --version
        GNU Fortran (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04) 9.3.0
        There is NO
        warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
        PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

        [4]

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08315.html

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg08315.html__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4Tfdqey1lHyg$>
        [5]

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17052.html

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17052.html__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdraaFQRnw$>
        [6]

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10056898/how-do-you-check-the-version-of-openmpi

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10056898/how-do-you-check-the-version-of-openmpi__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4Tfdph7KJdew$>
        [7]
        https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps#general-build

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps*general-build__;Iw!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdosQiVCzQ$>

        3) Those cluster administrators are usually more savvy than I am
        with installation and optimization of software (using compiler
        documentation, e.g. [8,9]) on a high performance computing (hpc)
        supercomputer [10,11].  They would know your situation better.
        For example, they could login to their administrator account on
        the cluster to install WIEN2k only in your user account
        directory (/home/users/mollabashi), and they would know how to
        set the appropriate access permissions [12].  Alternatively, if
        your not using a personal laptop but a computer at the
        organization to remotely connect to the cluster then they might
        use remote desktop access [13] to help you with the installation
        within only your account.  Or they might use another method.

        [8]

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/download-documentation-intel-compiler-current-and-previous.html

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/download-documentation-intel-compiler-current-and-previous.html__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdqQX1Yugg$>
        [9] https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdobQb5a1g$>
        [10]

https://www.usgs.gov/core-science-systems/sas/arc/about/what-high-performance-computing

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.usgs.gov/core-science-systems/sas/arc/about/what-high-performance-computing__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdqNzk9j6g$>
        [11] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercomputer

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercomputer__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4Tfdr6pni8Lw$>
        [12]

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/running-linux-third/156592469X/ch04s14.html

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/running-linux-third/156592469X/ch04s14.html__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdroF-ZgDw$>
        [13] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_sharing

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_sharing__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4Tfdr-07_1qQ$>

        On 5/4/2021 3:40 PM, Laurence Marks wrote:
        For certain,
        "/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/openmpi/4.1.0_gcc620/bin/mpiexec
        /home/users/mollabashi/codes/v21.1/run_lapw -p" is completely
        wrong. You do not, repear do not use mpirun or mpiexec to
        start run_lapw. It has to be started by simply "run_lapw -p
        ..." by itself.

        I suggest that you create a very simple job which has the
        commands:

        which mpirun
        which lapw1_mpi
        echo $WIENROOT
        ldd $WIENROOT/lapw1_mpi
        ldd $WIENROOT/lapw1
        echo env
        echo $PATH

        Run this interactively as well as in a batch job and compare.
        You will find that there are something which are not present
        when you are launching your slurm job that are present
        interactively. You need to repair these with relevant
        PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc

        Your problems are not Wien2k problems, they are due to
        incorrect modules/script/environment or similar. Have you
        asked your sysadmin for help? I am certain that someone local
        who is experienced with standard linux can tell you very
        quickly what to do.

        N.B., there is an error in your path setting.

        On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 3:38 PM leila mollabashi
        <le.mollaba...@gmail.com <mailto:le.mollaba...@gmail.com>> wrote:

            Dear all WIEN2k users,
            Thank you for your guides.
            >take care on the correct location ...
            It is the /usr/share/Modules/init
            After adding the “source /usr/share/Modules/init/tcsh”
            line in to the script the same error appeared:
            mpirun: command not found

            In fact, with and without “source
            /usr/share/Modules/init/tcsh” it is written in slurm.out
            file that “ module load complete ”.

            I noticed that “export” is also the bash command so I used
            these commands to path the openmpi and fftw:
            setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH

{$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/openmpi/4.1.0_gcc620/lib:/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/fftw/3.3.8_gcc620/lib
            set path = ($path

/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/openmpi/4.1.0_gcc620/bin:/opt/exp_soft/local/generic/fftw/3.3.8_gcc620/bin)
            But result is the same:
            bash: mpirun: command not found

            By using this line in the script:
            /opt/exp_soft/local/generic/openmpi/4.1.0_gcc620/bin/mpiexec
            /home/users/mollabashi/codes/v21.1/run_lapw -p
            The calculation stopped with the following error:
            mpirun does not support recursive calls

            > I wonder that you have only single modules…
            There are different versions of ifort and mkl:
            ifort/15.0.0, ifort/15.0.3, ifort/17.0.1,
            ifort/19.1.3.304(default) mkl/11.2, mkl/11.2.3.187

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://11.2.3.187__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!BD88XA2ujgG8Gel0NZaSOKaSrtPN7kq75O9hkG-dnIZQJRbsnQE-ArEqbFqA6XVu7qQFcg$>
 mkl/2017.1.132,
            mkl/2019.2.187, mkl/2020.0.4(default). I used the defaults
            > you may also wish to make a single module file to be loaded…
            That is a good idea.
            > On our cluster we have different W2k modules ….
            As you know WIEN2k is not a free code and the users of the
            cluster that I am using are not registered WIEN2k users.
            Thus, according to my moral commitment to the WIEN2k
            developers, I cannot ask the administrator to install it
            on the cluster. I should install it on my user account.

            Sincerely yours,
            Leila
            >PS.: maybe one should mention this tcsh "problem" in the
            slurm.job example on the FAQ page by adding (or similar)…
            That is a good idea. Thank you for your suggestion.

-- Professor Laurence Marks
        Northwestern University

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/index.html__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!C5RwGaeHepJtMl42xVZlEAUWtk2DM4zXGp3jfTPI5NJGAplXozUMwOc-7I4TfdrbLIpdvQ$