Dear all,

I have a question regarding the implementation of xspec (I am particularly interested in the emission). The manual states that the implementation is following the papers of [Neckel et al., 1975, Schwarz et al., 1979, Schwarz and Wimmer, 1980]. The corresponding formula contains a E^3 term (with E being the emission photon energy). Is this term included in xspec? For narrow-band spectra, this emission energy dependence might be neglected, but for broader spectral ranges at soft x-ray energies, it might become relevant and I could easily apply it to the spectra generated by xspec (unless it is already applied).

Thanks and best wishes
Lothar Weinhardt