Dear experts, I am having a compact cluster with 100gb RAM, 36 cores and 12 TB SATA hard disk with CentOS.

I want to calculate the band structure by considering the van der waals interaction of 6ql topological insulator. Below are the steps I have used for the detailed calculation.

Optimized the cell with PBE.

After initialization, I run a pbe scf using

“run_lapw -p -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.001 -NI”

Save the result using

“save_lapw pbe

In the next step

“init_so_lapw” ( took the default parameters, magnetization is 0 0 1)

“Init_nl_vdw “ (kernel type 1)

“init_mbj_lapw”

“run_lapw -p -so -i 1 -NI”

“save_lapw mbj

“init_mbj_lapw”

Took the selection 2 for surface calculation, and lmbj for potential

And finally I run “run_lapw -p -lmbj -so -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.001 -i 999 -NI”

And then I save the result using save_lapw lmbj.

I want to know whether these are the correct steps for calculating band structure with lmbj potential available in wien2k_23.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Burhan Ahmed

Research Scholar, AUS