Great that you're thinking of doing this, Brianna - and thanks so much to
Andrea, who's given me a few more references to follow up on. :-) I'd also
add to the list a piece by Doug Achterman <
http://news.ala.org/ala/aasl/aaslpubsandjournals/kqweb/kqarchives/v33/335achterman.cfm>
about the need for library and teaching staff to coordinate activities
around information retrieval in general, including on Wikipedia.
But yes, Andrea's right - this literature points to the fact that much more
work is needed both in doing research, and in educating both students and
educators about the values and pitfalls of using Wikipedia. I'm doing a
class next week on educational implications of wikis/Wikipedia - and part of
that is to give a look at what happens "inside Wikipedia". You can find this
at: <http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Inside_Wikipedia> - please go
edit/comment/fork as you see fit. (Actually, Andrea, I've already put your
abstract in the references section - let me know if I should remove/replace
it.. :-))

Brianna, as to the wiki research bibliography, I don't know what's happened
- it might be worth emailing Jakob Voss and/or Patrick Danowski about it (I
don't know if either are reading this list these days)...

Cormac