Felipe Ortega schrieb:
> Hello.
>
> Nice work, Daniel.
>
> The question may be weird, but it's something we have been thinking here for
> a while. Could we use recent changes to recreate the same info one gets from
> full XML dumps? Could it be the starting point for some alternative to the
> current dump process?

In theory, one could process a dump covering revisions up to date X, and the
process recentchanges starting from that date. However, this would require the
RC-event to include the full revision text. This is currently not possible, due
to technical limitations (in the case of XMLRC, the limitation is imposed by the
limited size of UDP packets).

This can however be simulated, even if no so efficiently: for every RC-event,
pull the corresponding revision text from the API. This would be a decent way to
keep up to date, a way comparable to the deprecated OAI interface.

-- daniel