Dear Joe,

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, Joe Corneli wrote:

> [...]
>
> (a) building interactive textbooks that work for self-guided learners

This sounds like Wikibooks http://en.wikibooks.org

or Wikiversity http://en.wikiversity.org

Although there is not much interaction with the reader unless s/he begins
to write.

> (b) building technologies to support live tutorials over the web

This sounds like http://videolectures.net/

I suppose that Wikimedia Commons could also host live tutorials. I
haven't seen on though. YouTube also have some content.

> (c) building infrastructure to help in developing good survey articles
> or similar content

This sounds like Wikipedia.

> [...]

best regards
Finn

          Finn Aarup Nielsen, DTU Informatics, Denmark
  Lundbeck Foundation Center for Integrated Molecular Brain Imaging
    http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~fn/      http://nru.dk/staff/fnielsen/