2012/2/2 Dan Bolser <dan.bol...@gmail.com>

>  Since you both use SMW, it would be great to develop some way of
> directly sharing data between the two wikis. (I'm currently
> researching that now for a different project). So far the only
> mechanism I have found is via the 'remote query' feature of the
> exhibit extension:
> http://semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Exhibit_format
>
> Oh, I also just remembered this, which would be a great way for you to
> set up sharing between wikis:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DSMW
>
> Perhaps it will be possible to add something to the regular query
> syntax to allow 'remote queries'?

I have to look at the Semantic MediaWiki features for export/import data. I
know that there are some RDF options, but I have not tested yet.

> Talking of data sharing, do you both use the same (standard?) data
> model for describing publications? i.e. using the Dublin core
> ontology? (Sorry for not going to check that, I figure just ask ;-)

Following the parameters in this link
http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/plus/SHOE/onts/dublin.html , this is the
WikiPapers model:
TITLE -> title
CREATOR -> author
SUBJECT -> keywords
DESCRIPTION -> abstract
PUBLISHER -> published in
CONTRIBUTOR -> ?
DATE -> year
TYPE -> type
FORMAT -> ?
IDENTIFIER -> doi, arXiv, PubMed, isbn, issn
SOURCE -> ?
LANGUAGE -> language
RELATION -> ?
COVERAGE -> ?
RIGHTS -> license

format and relation have not been formally defined by Dublin. I'm not sure
what info adds 'contributor' to 'creator', 'source' to 'publisher' and
'coverage' to 'abstract/keywords'.